VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT TRAINING SERIES
Volunteer Management Training Series Promotion (Volunteer Centers)
- Local nonprofits
- Faith-based organizations
- Local city, government and schools
- Local Community Foundation
Volunteer Center Outreach Activities (targeted outreach is important)
- Include in newsletters and e-blasts
- Send press release to local newspaper
- Place on your website
- Present to your local community at meetings
- Social media
Proposed Timeline for VCI
Registration opens February 1, 2017
Press release March 2017
Promotion by VCI members March –April 20, 2017
Proposed registration deadline April 20, 2017
Cost and Registration
$125 for six sessions
Dates: April 20-June 29, 2017
Through Volunteer Management Training Series you will learn about:
- Understanding Volunteering: Exploring the Hear of the Volunteer Sector
- Planning: Building A Solid Foundation
- Recruiting and Placement: Matching Volunteer Skills with Service Needs
- Training and Orientation: Achieving Service Excellence
- Supervision: Maximizing the Volunteer Experience
- Evaluation: Improving Results Using Data and Feedback
Research shows that nonprofits increase their organizational capacities by building a strong volunteer management model and the first step is to train staff.
VMTS is a great foundation for volunteer leaders, national service members and staff who directly works with volunteers. The training provides tools to successfully and effectively lead volunteers.
This training is ideal for organizations that leverage volunteers to successfully deliver their social mission.
The training includes a local cohort meeting to help participants gain a deeper understanding of the curriculum by connecting them with others who coordinate/manage volunteers in their area.
Convenient online training and access to experts across the state
Teasers or Social Media posts
- Volunteer Centers of Iowa is launching a volunteer management training series across the state April 20-June 29, 2017 Join the easy online access to training given by experts across the state.
- Want to create a positive experience for volunteers within your organization? Attend the Volunteer Management Training Series to provide staff with the knowledge and tools to enhance your volunteer program.
- Effectively managed volunteers deliver mission driven results. Attend the Volunteer Management Training Series online April 20-June 29, 2017 to learn more about effectively managing volunteers.
- Ever wonder if your organization is effectively engaging volunteers and their skills? To learn the latest information about engaging, recruiting, training and supervising volunteers attend the online Volunteer Management Training Series April 20-June 29, 2017. To register go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/volunteer-centers-of-iowa-volunteer-management-training-series-webinar-spring-2017-tickets-31540932779
- Effectively engage volunteers. Attend the Volunteer Management Training Series, volunteeriowa.org or your website
- Increase your volunteer retention by encouraging staff to participate in the volunteer management online training series April 20-June 29, 2017 volunteeriowa.org or your website